TATTOO CARE USING DERMALIZE
Before you start applying Dermalize make sure to wash your hands and put on clean surgical gloves. Measure the tattoo and cut pieces off the roll in sizes that you are comfortable to work with. Start by cleaning and drying the tattoo and surrounding skin. Apply a very thin layer of a non-mineral oil ointment on the tattoo.
The first piece of Dermalize Protective Tattoo Film can be left on the skin up to max 24 hours, the exact time will depend on the amount of fluids that the wound exudes: this will vary from person to person. In case of copious bleeding or weeping, the film can be replaced with another piece before 24 hours (a change after 4, 6 or 8 hours is also possible). In most cases people choose to wear the first piece for the first 24 hours, but it is advisable to change it whenever it gets dirty, too loose or full of liquids. When removing the film, make sure to carefully wash the area natural soap and water, and gently dry the tattoo. Apply a thin layer of aftercare cream to the tattoo to ensure a moist healing under the Dermalize bandage. This will also make it easier to remove it later on. Any further application of Dermalize can be kept on for a variable amount of time, depending on the client’s need, changing it when you deem it necessary. The total suggested use of Dermalize, covering all applications, is between 6 and 7 days.
N.B. if Dermalize is hard to pull off the skin, simply let some warm water run under the tattoo film, so that the glue becomes tender and removal of the film is easier. You may also use H2Ocean’s Aquatat to rub under the film with clean fingers to remove the glue.
TIPS FOR APPLICATION
- For large areas we advise to cut the strips into smaller pieces, which makes it easier to apply. These strips can be overlapped by 1-2 cm.
- Always apply Dermalize in a flat neutral position, the joints, knees and elbows should never be completely straight or bent when applying Dermalize.
- Although the film is stretchable, more than 3-5 cm of film may be needed on the edges of the tattoo in mobile areas like hands or knees to secure it.
- Cutting rounded corners on the edges provides even better adhesion of the film.
REMOVING DERMALIZE FROM THE SKIN
Follow these steps to remove Dermalize Protective Tattoo Film:
- Lift a corner of the film and stretch it horizontally along the skin surface to avoid breaking the adhesive bond.
- Continue stretching the edge of the film towards the center.
- When both sides of the film are partially removed, grab both sides at the same time and stretch them horizontally and parallel to the skin until the entire film lifts up.
In case the film is particularly resistant, you can use some warm water or the aftercare tattoo ointment to aid removing the adhesive from the skin.